9 Responses

1. beginners workout
    beginners workout at |

Although my workout goals lean more toward weight loss and fat loss vs. gaining muscle mass, your tips apply and are very relevant. This is my first visit to your site, and I look forward to following along. Thanks.

2. Dorian
    Dorian at |

Humm?….in this article you have a different formula where you do 10+4 to get total amount of calories but then in another article you have the formula of multiplying.Like
    your body weight times 20-22 to get total amount of calories? then there’s a video where you have a chart and although I don’t recall that formula I think it was also different.

So which is it? I’m confused?

3. Roger
    Roger at |

I have been training for about 6 years and have only been able to put on very little mass. would this program be benificial for me or would I need something more advanced like bony to brawny?

4. carl
    carl at |

hi for Roger try this it works you must be over traing

monday back

Wide Grip Overhand Chin-Ups – 2 sets of 5-7 reps
    sitting Rows – 2 sets of 5-7 reps
    Barbell Shrugs – 2 sets of 10-12 reps

tusday shoulds

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: 2 Sets of 5-7 Reps
    Standing Dumbbell Side Laterals: 1-2 Sets of 5-7 Reps

wensday

Bicep Workout
    2 Sets of Standing Barbell Curls (5-7 reps)
    2 Set of Seated Dumbbell Curl (5-7 reps)

tursday chest

2 Sets of Barbell Bench Press (5-7 reps)
    2 Sets of Incline Dumbbell Press (5-7 reps)
    2 Sets of Wide Grip Dips (5-7 reps)

friday tricps

2 skullcrushers (5-7 reps)
    1 Set of Cable Pulldowns (5-7 reps)

5. Manu
    Manu at |

Hi Alain,I have a question:
    A hardgainer like me can gain muscle without taking supplements?
    Thank you!

6. Sam
    Sam at |

Hi Alain,

I am 23 years old and have been weight training for about 3 months. I started out at 154lbs and now am 167lbs. I would estimate around 4lbs of this gain is fat though. I look bigger and feel much stronger. I train my abs hard too, although struggling to see them at the moment due to this layer of fat covering them. At this point I feel like I am struggling to gain any more muscle though. I want to begin your Mass in a Flash routine from now and then go on to purchase the Bony to Brawny afterward. My question is, I see that you suggest training in the 12-15 rep range for mass but I have found that i just didn’t gain at all while doing this. It was only when I started in the 7 – 10 rep range and usually no higher than 8 reps per set did I see any size increase. Can you give some advice please on what you think I should concentrate on? I want to bulk for the next few months and then cut. Also do abdominal muscles only really start to show when you start cutting as at the present mine are just not visible? Many thanks for your advice and this great website! You are an inspiration! Regards, Sam